American Heritage Tours
The American Heritage Tours take place generally during the April school break.
2024 Tour Dates
April 12-18, 2024
The American Heritage Tours are part of the Alfond Youth & Community Center family.
November 6, 2023.
Student Registration $1,750.00
Chaperone Registration $1,500.00
Chaperone Background Check Form
Submit Background Check Form
Youth Programs Director
Current Community Participants:
Don't see your community listed but want to get your community involved? Send us a brief message including where you are from, and we will reach out to you with the information needed to get set up.
Payment & Refund Policies - AHT 2024
Effective November 1, 2023
A $100.00 non-refundable deposit is required for all students & participants registering for the American Heritage Tour 2024.
Full payment is due by Tuesday, March 12, 2024
All refund requests must be made in writing to Abbie Charrier, Youth Programs Director.
Refund requests made between November 6, 2023 through February 12, 2024 will receive a full refund less the non-refundable $100.00 deposit and a $10.00 processing fee.
Refund requests made between February 12 through March 12, 2024 will receive a full refund less less the non-refundable $100.00 deposit, and a $500.00 fee (for bus/hotels/tickets already purchased), and a $10.00 processing fee.
Refund requests made between March 12-April 12, 2024 are not guaranteed.
Upon approval, the AYCC will only refund the paid amount on an account to the original payee for each payment made.
Payments may be made in the following ways:
1. In person at the AYCC, 126 North Street, Waterville
2. By phone with the AYCC's Welcome Center: 207-873-0684
4. Mail is also an option: AYCC, Attn: American Heritage Tour, 126 North Street, Waterville, ME 04901
Auto Scheduled Payments - AHT 2024
The AYCC offers families an option to have automatic payments set up for an easy-pay option on balances. This is not required, but suggested. This may be done by the account holder in our online services, or may be set up by AYCC staff. We do require a Auto Scheduled Payment form to be completed and turned into Wendy Grenier for set up. Monthly payments are set up for the first of every month beginning December 1, 2023 and each month on the 1st through March 1, 2024. Payments are approximately $412.50/month for Students or $350.00/month for Chaperones. Those receiving financial assistance are also eligible for the auto payment option.
Online Services - AHT 2024
The AYCC utilizes an online database for our registrations and payments. Here are some helpful hints when registering.
1. All registrants should create a FREE NON-MEMBER PARTICIPANT account.
2. Begin by adding the ADULT (parent/guardian) first, and then add the youth onto the account while setting up. The system will not allow youth to be set up first and all accounts must have an adult listed, regardless if they are registering for the tour.
3. If you are unable to add youth to the account, please call our Welcome Center to add a youth onto the account.
4. Then complete the registration, following all the steps.
5. For issues or errors with registration, or login errors, plese reach out to Wendy Grenier for assistance. Email / 207-873-0684.
6. We suggest keeping your login credentials somewhere safe because at any time, families may login to the account to make payments or to see a current balance. To login after registration, please use this link.
Financial Assistance - AHT 2024
Limited financial assistance is available for the American Heritage Tours and first-come, first-served.
All families interested in applying for financial aid must complete the Financial Aid Application in it's entirety for consideration.
Registration, including the non-refundable deposit for each person must have been completed for aid to be processed.
Additionally, each family MUST provide printed/scanned copies of all household income information. i.e. pay stubs, state or federal aid statements, 2023 tax statements (income pages only), OR a statement from the banking institution(s) highlighting the household monthly income.
All Financial Aid Applications with supporting documents must be mailed, dropped off or emailed to Wendy Grenier for processing. Processing is generally 1-2 business days. The AYCC is located at 126 North Street, Waterville, ME 04901.