You BELONG with us.
If you are looking to join a team of outstanding people who share your passion for giving back to the community, you’ve come to the right place.
We have a wide range of employment opportunities in a fun and dynamic environment – everything from child care specialists to swim instructors to certified personal trainers to administration. For us, it’s about making an impact on the community, our youth, and our children. Each employee at the AYCC has an opportunity every day to better the community around them. And we can help you develop your skills while making an impact on the community.
We are an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
I grew up going to the local community center in Detroit. AYCC’s tagline “Belong Believe Achieve” didn’t exist then, but that was what I experienced growing up in a community center. That’s why I do what I do: so I can help kids to have that feeling of belonging, to help them believe in themselves and know they can achieve anything they set their minds to achieve. –Kenneth Hughes-Davis (Hewey), North End Site Coordinator
Why Work With Us
More Than Benefits
Through our employee benefit offerings we take care of you so you can focus on our members and guests. Thrive in an exciting and fun packed community environment. At the AYCC, there’s something for everyone.
All employees receive:
- A free AYCC membership to include discounts on programs, personal training and private lessons.
- Free After School & Summer Enrichment Programs for your children
- 50% discount on registration at Camp Tracy & New England Sports Camps
- Discounts on apparel, swim gear, karate gear and general merchandise
- Discounts on food and drink purchases at our Wellness Window
- Mid-Maine Chamber of Commerce discount card
- Paid time-off
- Training opportunities
And all employees are welcome to participate in:
- Pick-up games such as dodgeball, pickleball, basketball or relax playing a board game at lunch with other staff.
- Fun with Child Care. Join a dance party, view a Halloween costume show or root for the kids at Hoop-a-Palooza!
- YMCA Day at the Sea Dogs
Full-time employees are also eligible for our benefit package:
- Health insurance contributed to by AYCC
- Health Savings Account contributed to by AYCC
- Dental & Vision insurance
- Life insurance and long-term disability paid for by AYCC
- Short-term disability contributed to by AYCC
- Dependent life insurance
- Supplemental health insurance offerings
- Part-time employees may be eligible if they meet the hours requirement after 1 year of employment.
A 403b with an organizational match that increases based on years of service is offered to all employees working 20 hours or more per week.
Why Intern at the AYCC?
You will be able to tackle learning initiatives specific to your career trajectory, work alongside industry leaders and decision-makers, pursue your passions while making a direct impact, and learn from knowledgeable, qualified mentors.
Call our HR department at 207-873-0684 or email email@example.com
Opportunities with Americorps Vista
AmeriCorps Vista Opportunities
The Alfond Youth & Community Center is proud to partner with AmeriCorps to improve our communities. For opportunities, visit the Americorps website.
I’ve always wanted to work with kids, and I know from experience as a kid who grew up coming here for swimming and the Mid-Maine Dolphins that the AYCC is the perfect place to work with kids. The AYCC has always been a safe space for me, and that’s why I’m here…to provide that safe space for the kids. – Brenna Saucier, Assistant Aquatics Director
I work at the AYCC because I love athletics and I love working with children. The gym space has become a place where children belong, and where they are inspired to believe in themselves and to reach for the skies. The fact that I can work in a place where I combine my two passions and do so in a safe space to express who I am is special for me. – Rich Candido, Physical Education Coordinator, After School Program
I’ve had two great careers in the aviation and dental industries. I wanted to keep working, but I wanted to switch gears and try something new. I decided to try housekeeping, and I love it! I could work anywhere doing anything, but I love the AYCC’s people and its mission. I can see myself working here until I retire for the last time. – Mark Potter, Housekeeping