We believe in nurturing young minds and fostering a love for learning in a warm and inclusive environment. Our dedicated team of staff is committed to providing a foundation for your child’s social, emotional, and academic development. At the AYCC’s Preschool Program, we embrace the curiosity and boundless energy of young learners, tailoring our curriculum to engage them in exciting and age-appropriate activities. With a focus on play-based learning, we create a dynamic and supportive atmosphere that encourages creativity, critical thinking, and positive social interactions. Join us on this enriching journey, where every day is an opportunity for discovery and growth, preparing your child for a lifetime of success.
Amenities & Activities
- Adventure Playland – We will use the indoor play structure, bounce houses, and small climbing wall located in our facility periodically.
- Arts Activities – We will learn about various forms of art and how we can express our creativity. Art experiences will focus on process rather than product, and teach children how to symbolize the world around them.
- Books – Each day there will be opportunities to explore wonderful children’s books. Large and small group and individual reading opportunities will be a part of our daily routine.
- Daily Choices – Activities that use math, science, literacy, social studies, and writing will be offered each day as choices for the children. Some of these areas will also be included in dramatic play, art or in reading books.
- Dramatic Play – Children will be given the opportunity to explore further learning through open play time in dramatic play. Children will have a chance to act out familiar scenes in their community and explore different roles that they see in their daily lives. This area will change throughout the year, based on themes in the classroom or interests of the children.
- Gathering Circle – At circle each day we will sing, read a book or two, and build community in the group. It is a time to get to know one another and talk about the day’s choices. The circle will set the tone for learning throughout the day.
- Gymnasium & Outdoor Play –
- Snack & Lunch Time – We provide a breakfast, and a nutritious, hot meal each day at lunchtime and an afternoon snack. However, if the family would like to send the child with lunch and snacks, they may do so. We recommend sending the child with snacks from home as well as a water bottle (labeled with their name) each day. Due to allergens, all nut products are strictly prohibited.
- Specials – Children are offered several options each day to keep them active. They will have the opportunity for inside and outside play and time on the playground equipment. We make our best effort to go outside daily, weather permitting. Additional activities in Dance, Karate, and Wellness options will also be offered as available throughout the year. Specials offered: STEM, Art, Gym & Swim
- PLUS! The AYCC offers a variety of pay-for-play lessons such as martial arts, swim lessons, and athletic programs.
AYCC Preschool Program Coordinator
Preschool Program Details:
- Monday – Friday from 7:00am – 5:30pm
- Ages 3 – 5
- $235.00 Full Days
- $133.00 Half Days – M-F – 7:30am-12:30 or 12:30-5:30pm
- AYCC Youth or Family Membership required
- Full Pay
- Third Party Assistance (see Family Affordability Program for details)
Family Affordability Program
The AYCC is proud to work with families to provide affordable, quality childcare options. We accept third party funding from many organizations, including the State of Maine, Department of Health and Human Services. Additionally, we offer financial assistance for some of our childcare programs and strive to do our best to connect area families with funding assistance so that children have the best possible opportunities for safe, quality childcare after school.
Danielle Bragg, Registrar & Billing Specialist
207-873-0684 x 787 / email
Third Party Childcare Assistance
This process must be completed and approved PRIOR to the child attending the program, unless personally paying for your child care fees.
If your family qualifies for any third party childcare assistance/subsidy, you MUST first obtain childcare assistance or reimbursement prior to the child’s attendance in the program. The most commonly utilized and accepted are the Child Care Affordability Program (CCAP) and Transitional Child Care (TCC). **Notes: The Childcare Affordability Program is formerly known as the Childcare Subsidy Program (CCSP).
You may qualify for Transitional Child Care (TCC) If you have received TANF in the last 12 months, or been open TCC in the last 30 days, have earnings at the time TANF closed, and are working now. If “yes” to all, you maybe be potentially eligible for Transitional Child Care.
If “no” to any TCC questions, Are you a parent who is: working, in school, in a job training program, or a guardian that is the age of 65 with retirement documentation? See income guidelines to the below:
If income eligible, you may be potentially eligible for the Child Care Affordabilty Program.
There are three ways to apply for CCAP:
- You can apply online: Click here
- Call (207) 624-7999 or 1-877-680-5866; or
- Visit your local DHHS office for more information.
- You may also contact Danielle Bragg, AYCC Registrar & Billing Specialist for assistance – email email@example.com or call 207-873-0684 x787.
It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to report any absences to the Childcare Site Coordinator for the program the child attends. These are considered excused absences and each child is allowed a limited amount of absences.
- Those utilizing third party funding for childcare must have a minimum attendance of 6 hours per week after school. During school vacations, children must have minimum attendance of 30 hours.
- Any absence not reported to Childcare Site Coordinators would be considered unexcused, and must be reported to CCSP. This may result in a change or loss of third party funding.
- As of September 30, 2023 CCAP’s Parent Fee Waiver (for qualifying households) and Enrollment vs
Attendance Billing under the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) will end. Parent’s will be responsible for their weekly parent fee assessed by CCAP. In addition, youth will need to attend a minimum of 6 hours per week. Families will be responsible for any fees not covered in the event of unexcused absences reported to CCAP.
State of Maine Income Eligibility Guidelines
Effective December 9, 2023
- All programs are licensed by the State of Maine, Department of Health and Human Services.
- Accredited by the Council on Accreditation
- All childcare staff are enrolled with the Rising Stars for Maine, formerly known as Maine Roads to Quality Professional Development Network, and complete mandatory training each year.
The Preschool Program runs year round and annual registration begins in August each year. However, we do often have the opportunity to accept children during the summer months as an option. Please reach out to our Preschool Program Coordinator for details.
Registration & Documents
We ask that interested families reach out to our Preschool Program Coordinator, Crystal Stanley to set up a time to meet staff and the other children in the program. This is an opportunity for families to see the space, learn about our curriculum and programs offered and to be sure that the AYCC’s Preschool Program is the best fit for your child.
Crystal Stanley, Preschool Program Coordinator
207-873-0684 x 253 or email firstname.lastname@example.org